Saturday, September 23, 2006

Common Mistakes Candidates Make in MRCP

Common Mistakes Candidates Make in MRCP

OK, today I am not going talk about medicine but I would like to highlight to you a few common mistakes candidates make when preparing for thier MRCP,

1) I need at least one year or even more to prepare for MRCP Part1 and 2, but the fact is if you have a proper plan to study, you only need 5-6 months to cover every important topic.

2) I need to study a lot of books to know every fact, but the truth is you only need to stick to one good medical book. The trick is to do as many BOF as possible so that you know your weakness. Spend more time on your weak topics!

3) I need to take long leave to study their books. Medicine is always best learned beside your patients. If you see a SLE case today, go back and learn everything about SLE and find all BOFs about SLE and answer them!

4) I need to sit many times to pass the exam. You only need one attempt to pass MRCP if you prepare early and build up your confidence.

5) I must pay to get BOFs from the net, but the fact is there are a lot of sites out there which provide your free BOFs, just visit these sites and answer all these questions.

6) I must be very smart to pass MRCP, not quite, all my friends who pass their MRCP actually were not smart students when they were in medical schools.

No comments: